2011 Precious Metals Summit Colorado
September 13–15, 2011 | Park Hyatt Beaver Creek
The goal of our first Precious Metals Summit was to fulfill a longstanding need to bring together the community of institutional investors, sell-side representatives and corporate executives from senior precious metals companies to meet and network with some of the most prospective explorers and developers from around the globe. In all these respects, and more, our inaugural event was a huge success.
The 2011 Summit brought together:
- 340 delegates in total;
- 105 buy-side delegates, representing investment firms with an aggregate of more than US $1 trillion of funds under management;
- 17 corporate development executives from 11 senior companies;
- 45 sell-side representatives from some of the most significant financial institutions that cover the junior sector; and
- Executives from 82 presenting companies.
Nearly 1,000 1-on-1 meetings took place in two days and over 4,500 individuals around the world logged onto the live webcast. Cocktail receptions and meeting areas were bustling with activity and delegates “consistently commented on the conference’s air of approachability” (The Northern Miner, October 10-16, 2011).
What made this first Summit extra special was its intellectual dimension. We were delighted to present the following distinguished Keynote Speakers:
- George F. Will, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist
- John Hathaway, Senior Managing Director of Tocqueville Asset Management
- Thomas Kaplan, Chairman of the Electrum Group of Companies
We’d like to express our thanks to our major 2011 Summit Sponsors whose generous support and participation were key to the successful launch of this event: RBC Capital Markets; BMO Capital Markets; Canaccord Genuity; and Dahlman Rose & Co.