2012 Precious Metals Summit Colorado
September 3-5, 2012 | Park Hyatt Beaver Creek
The second annual Precious Metals Summit in Beaver Creek was a smashing success…
The 2012 Colorado Summit brought together:
- 420 delegates in total (up 23% over 2011)
- 126 buy-side delegates (up 20% over 2011), representing investment firms with an aggregate of more than US $1 trillion of funds under management
- 30 Corporate Development executives (up 75%) from 16 senior companies (up 45%)
- 66 sell-side representatives (up 45%) from some of the most significant financial institutions that cover the junior sector
- Executives from 86 presenting companies.
Over 1,300 1-on-1 meetings took place during the Summit. 1,066 viewers logged onto the live webcast, which has received over 8,000 total hits since the conference began.
Aside from the company presentations and meetings the Summit featured three thought-provoking keynote presentations:
- Martin Murenbeeld, Chief Economist, Dundee Wealth Economics
- James Grant, Editor, Grant’s Interest Rate Observer
- Seeking Alpha: Precious Metals, Equities and Growth Panel Discussion Featuring:
- John Hathaway, Senior Managing Director of Tocqueville Asset Management
- Robert Cohen, Vice President & Portfolio Manager, Dynamic Funds
- Joseph Foster, Portfolio Manager, Van Eck Gold Funds
- David Harquail, President and Chief Executive Officer, Franco-Nevada Corporation
- Shayne McGuire, Head of Global Research, Teacher Retirement System of Texas.
The Precious Metals Summit Colorado is clearly emerging as a major investment conference where the smart money goes prospecting. By most accounts, the Summit “was the place to be” for investors interested in the most prospective companies in the precious metals sector.
We’d like to express our thanks to our 2012 Colorado Summit Sponsors whose generous support and participation were key to the success of this event.